Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Should I Be Freaked Out?

So I came home from work today to find my neighbor doing this:

If you're having a hard time figuring out what this picture shows, it is a man in a too-short pair of shorts having a knife fight with a wooden post. I had stopped my car across the street to get my mail when I noticed it. It was one of the craziest sights ever. I sat with my mouth open as he stabbed and slashed at the post as if he was practicing for a knife-fight with a man. That blade is about a foot long. I even called my other neighbor and made him look out the window to see it. My question is, how scared should I be? This neighbor is very odd and there is some background but I can't really blog about that because I'm scared to. In fact, I'm only going to leave this post up for a couple days so that there are other witnesses to his bizarre behavior. Enjoy it while you can.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Maybe you should email me those pictures...just in case.

The Dragonfly said...

I'd lay low for a while. That is just beyond psycho - unless you are good at knife fighting too.

Buxton Family said...

You did post the pictures! I'm glad you have an alarm system. You are always welcome to bunk at our house if you feel the need.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Generally one might conduct those activities in the privacy of their home or backyard. Apparently he wants to show off his skillz. I'm guessing he's warning off would-be predators? Is there something in that garage someone might be after? It looks very organized.

He's a little freaky. Or he could come in real handy in case of emergency. Look at the bright side!

Julie said...

Shar ---- "Generally"??? Do you know people who generally practice knife fighting? Here's my thinking. If you are violent but somewhat together mentally, you may practice this behavior in your backyard. If you are full-on looney tunes then you go ahead and drag your wooden man into the driveway and take a stab at it right there.