Monday, May 26, 2008

3 Tacos and a Ticket

So, I'm just about to work when my cellphone rings.

Me: Hello
Phil: Hey, where are you?
Me: Close to the station, why?
Phil: Cause we're kinda hungry and Mario and I were wondering if you were stopping to get breakfast.
Me: No, but if you need me to I will.
Phil: Talk to Mario.
Mario: Hi. Tacos would be great.
Me: Fine. I'll turn around and go up Broadway. What do you want?
Mario: Phil wants a bacon and egg, I want a bean and cheese, and Danny wants a potato and egg.
Me: I'm going all that way for 3 tacos? Ugh. Fine.

Approximately one minute later as I turned into the Taco Cabana parking lot, I notice the joint was surrounded by cops. So I'm thinking, "Wow, I wonder what's going on? Maybe we will have some news on this holiday after all!" Then I look in my rearview mirror and realize I was being tailed by a Sheriff's deputy on a motorcycle -- red and blue lights flashing. Crap. Expired inspection sticker. I was busted in a Memorial Day stakeout. All for three tacos.


(I thought I was going to get pulled over again for taking this picture while driving. The deputy was totally staring me down. The things I do for this blog!)


And what is the reaction from Phil and Mario when I text them to tell them that their little errand they sent me on may cost me 160 bucks?

Text from Phil: "I'm sorry. Did you get the tacos?"

12 comments:

Filburt said...

And you did; what a trooper. Mario did offer to help pay for the ticket. We really are sorry, but thanks for the food.

Julie said...

Yes, Mario is helping me pay for it. A whopping 80 cents. He told me to put the change on the 2 dollars he gave me for the taco toward the ticket fund.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Ok, this Filburt guy is really creepy.

Sorry about the ticket. That reminds me that I need to keep TX on my side (actually it's T's truck) and put the sticker up in his window. I have it - I just need to put it in.

Julie said...

I need to defend Phil's honor (Filburt). He's not creepy. Goofy and dorky at times. But not creepy.

Nicole said...

OOOH! That sucks! I think I'd bring that up EVERY time they call and ask you to stop for tacos.

Filburt said...

Hey now, that would just be mean. We did say we are sorry. Next time, we'll get the tacos and call it even.
Seems fair to me!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Ok because Phil's new picture isn't creep(ier)?

But actually since he's your friend and you are vouching for him and you'd go get tacos for him - I'm allowing that he's not really creepy.

Buxton Family said...

You may be broke from the ticket, but you can still go to the movies!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I just tagged you!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dragonfly said...

We got a ticket for a non-buckled seat belt on our trip . . . sounds to me like Memorial Day weekend is a big money maker for the cops! Sorry you got the ticket.

Tobi said...

I love Phil's text. I can tell he was very upset that you got a ticket....no really. =)