Thursday, May 29, 2008

I LOVE These Kids!!

I guess that's what happens when you sacrifice so much of yourself for others. You really, really, really learn to love them. And I LOVE these kids. This was my senior Seminary class this year. They graduated last night and I am SOOO proud of them. They were worth all of the late nights and way-too-early mornings. What an experience! When I was asked to teach Old Testament for early morning Seminary, I didn't think there was any way I'd be able to do it. Wake up at 4:45am? Prepare a lesson every night? On the Old Testament? In addition to working full time? But I did. It was so hard, but I did it! Well, at least for just over four months. In January, I was put in the Relief Society Presidency (women's organization at church) and was relieved of my Seminary duties. It was bittersweet. I felt sad to not be able to finish the year but happy that my Sunday nights wouldn't have to end in tears due to being so tired and overwhelmed about the week that was ahead.

This morning, I set the alarm for 4:45 one last time for this class and went to the Seminary breakfast.
I am so thankful and blessed to know these awesome teenagers!

3 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Yeah, and these kids were probably just being born into this world when we were teenagers right? Man we're old -

But I'm super proud of you for handling this calling and it's early mornings.

You are amazing.

Filburt said...

Impressive. And you are still wide awake at this moment! Looks like you had a lot of fun


Phil (aka the creepy guy)

Buxton Family said...

What a cute picture. I want to see it bigger though. You are amazing and the kids love you as well.