Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Meyer Mania

I couldn't wait. I went right after work and bought the new Stephenie Meyer book. Now, I have to use self-control and wait until this weekend (after yard work, of course!) to read it. I'm not one of those people who can leisurely read a chapter or two. If I start a book, I must finish it. I will put off everything else in life to do so. Last summer, I read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse within a 3 or 4 day period. I hardly slept that week because I stayed up into the middle of the night reading. One of those days I even had to call in late for work after making the mistake of fooling myself that I could read a few pages before getting out of bed. (I was honest about why I had to call in late and received endless mocking because of it. But as a result, two of my coworkers read the books and now they're fans too! ... Just maybe not quite as obsessed as I am.)

So is anyone else out there going to read this very soon? If so, I say we set a date to finish and discuss.

8 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I think I preordered it, but I might have only preordered it for Anna (for her birthday). If it doesn't show up tomorrow I'll order it.
Let me know the details, because I'm like you - once I start, I can't stop.

And I'm very curious to see if she's able to go outside the Twilight world.

Buxton Family said...

I want to read the book also. I've been trying to make it to the store to buy it for the past few days, but can't seem to make it there. Maybe I will go tonight.

Tobi said...

Finally! I was starting to think I was the only one in the blogging universe reading The Host. I have the same obsession of reading until I have consumed the entire book. Therefore I am done reading The Host. I eagerly looking forward to reading everyone else's thoughts on this book. Let me just say this book is VERY DIFFERENT from anything we have previously read from Stephenie Meyer. (uh...i guess it's your turn to deal now because you have no freaking clue who I am. But Shar knows me =)

Julie said...

Different, good? Or different bad?? Okay, I'll read it this weekend (hopefully.) And you are welcome to comment on my blog anytime!

The Dragonfly said...

the Border's gift card that's been sitting in my purse since Christmas is about to get used tomorrow.

I'm psycho in the reading dept. too. I read all three vamp books in one night each. I loved every last minute of it, but was super grumpy the next day.

BTW, USA Today gave "The Host" a great review and time magazine just named Stephenie Meyer one of the 100 Most Influential People of 2008. Yipee!

Tobi said...

I liked it The Host. I thought the ending had good closure and it wasn't too full of the sci-fi techno jargon. The book is really about human relationships more than anything else. Please read it and report back Julie!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I stayed up way too late last night reading it. When are we going to be doing our reviews??

Nicole said...

I bought it today and plan to start it tonight. I don't think I'll get through it in one sitting (it's GINORMOUS), but I'm hoping to get through it quickly! :)