Monday, August 11, 2008

A Farewell to Friends

And the tears continue. I have cried so much in the past week that I think I've done some permanent damage to my eyelids (and I look 10 years older). Stop the madness! Today was the day I  have been dreading for months. My best friends are on their way to California. I love the Buxton family so much!! It all started when they moved here and Jodie and I were in the Young Women's Presidency together at church. We immediately bonded over our mutual love for the band, Guster.

Over the past several years we've been to many concerts together (mostly Guster and Switchfoot). We've taken road trips and family vacations together, watched lots of TV and seen many movies together. I've eaten just about every Sunday dinner (and many weeknight dinners) at their house. 

(One of the neighbors children (about 5 or 6 years old) once asked me why I was ALWAYS at the Buxton house. I answered, "Because it's fun there." Then she scolded me, "Shouldn't you be spending more time with your husband?" )

We've laughed so much together, and cried together and prayed together.  I love their daughters as if they were my own.

I'm so overwhelmingly sad that they won't be living right down the street from me, but I'm excited for their new adventure. The girls are worried about making new friends but I have no doubt that anyone who meets the Buxtons will fall in love with them just like I have.

3 comments:

Buxton Family said...

We miss you too Julie! We are now in California. We have one more day of driving to get to our home though. We can't wait until you come to visit. Give Bella hugs for us.

The Dragonfly said...

I hate saying goodbye to good friends! Loved the little tribute you made (or they made) with all the words - that was cool, how'd you do that?

Julie said...

The word art is cool, isn't it?

http://wordle.net/