Sunday, June 22, 2008

(Tobi, Shar and me)
Okay, try to keep up as I explain how this fun day came to be:
Shar and I have been friends since we were teenagers in Texas. Shar and Sam have been friends since they were pre-teens in Germany. Sam and I got to know each other at BYU through Shar. Tobi married Sam's cousin. We all started blogging. Shar and I got to know Tobi and vice versa through our blogs. Shar brought her kids to Texas for a visit, and since Tobi lives about 2.5 hours away from me, Tobi decided to drive down to meet Shar and me in person and spend the day with us.
Here's where we ate lunch in the quaint little town of Boerne:
(pronounced "BURN-nee" and not "born" as Tobi discovered)
We had sandwiches and yummy desserts. Then we went shopping in the cute antique shops along main street. It was fun! However, we may have scared Tobi because then she met our families. She met Shar's parents and Shar's kids and my mom, brother, sister and brother-in-law. That's a lot to take in on a first visit!

Here we are along the Guadalupe River at my sister's in-laws' house:
Tobi was fun and nice and we had a really good day hanging out with her. I'm glad we can be friends in real life now and not just in the blogosphere!

And it was so great to see Shar and her kiddos. They are quite a funny bunch!!

4 comments:

Tobi said...

Thanks for being so kind to me in your blog. You should have mentioned how nervous I was and how I talked way too much the ENTIRE DAY. That seriously haunted me on the way home.

Both of your families were great and I wasn't scared off. Besides you can't help who your related too! =)

The Dragonfly said...

I do feel like I should have been at this meeting of the great people in Texas since I was instrumental in bringing a few of you together. That's just my way of saying I'm insanely jealous that you all got together! It looked like way too much fun! Thanks for the pics.

Paige said...

Looks so fun! I need a chair that big for my heinie.

Hil said...

Wish I could've been there! Looks like a good time. :)