Tuesday, June 10, 2008

California Dreamin' Part 1

Ahhhhhh ... vacation. I had just had a week of it and it was fantastic! So now I will regale you with pictures and stories from my travels.

THE WEDDING:

My great friend, Karen, got married on June 6th in San Diego.
The night before the wedding, Karen and Chuy had a family dinner at Buccaneer Park in Oceanside. It was beautiful and a good time was had by all .... especially Karen's nieces and nephews from Utah who couldn't wait to jump in the ocean despite the fact that it was in the low 60's and the water was quite chilly. I stayed as dry as possible. (My South Texas blood can't handle that kind of frigidity.)
Karen and Chuy were married in the San Diego Temple. The temple was absolutely gorgeous, as was Karen on her wedding day:
Karen put me in charge of the wedding picture process. She made a list of 41 pictures that she wanted taken after the ceremony and I had to make sure the photographer got them all. Basically, this meant was that I had to round up Karen and Chuy's relatives for each of the poses. (They are probably still wondering who the bossy girl was who was ordering them around after the wedding. I apologize, but I had to make sure the bride was happy! She was counting on me!!)
The reception was held at a yummy Mexican food restaurant in La Jolla. It was delicious! Karen stayed exceptionally calm and cool during the entire process. As a general rule, she almost never gets stressed out and she is the most organized person I know. She makes a plan and sticks to it, and therefore, everything was carried out with exactness. The morning of her wedding was completely calm and on schedule. It was in stark contrast to how we do things in my family, so it was an amazing thing to witness. Just look how relaxed Karen is as she enjoyed her wedding cake:
I am so happy for Karen and Chuy!! They make a great couple and I am blessed to know them and to have been invited to their wedding.
Click here to see more wedding photos.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

I love all the pictures. What a fun relaxed wedding!!