Friday, June 13, 2008

South Padre Island

From Southern California, to South Padre ... the vacation continues. The morning after I returned from San Diego, I headed south to the Texas coast where I spent the better part of a week at the beach with several families from my ward. We had a great time playing in the surf and sand.
Check out this awesome sand turtle the kids built:
We all love to boogie board:
Each night, we all went out to eat together (all 22 of us!!) and then we went crab hunting:My brother, Ryan is the master crab hunter because he's not afraid to pick them up. When the other kids found a crab, they all yelled for Ryan to come pick it up. He wasn't afraid of the pinchers, even after the biggest crab we found actually broke the skin with its pinchers.
Here are some of the small ones we found. Of course, the girls in the group named each one. The kids carried them around in their buckets for awhile and then set them free during a crab race.
Now, we are all tanned (burned) and tired. But it was a great week with lots of fun memories!

1 comment:

Filburt said...

22 of you?! My, my, that's quite the sizable group.
That's like both sides of my family, times two.
Looks like an utter blast though. Nice tan by the way.