Monday, February 23, 2009

Super-Quick Recap

What I've Been Up To:

Last weekend, I took a last-minute trip to visit the Buxtons in California. We had a good, relaxing time just hanging out, watching a few movies and doing this:

The girls had their first pedicures ever and totally loved it. They said, "We should do this more often!" To which Jodie responded, "Yeah, right." :) However, she is considering making it a yearly tradition.
I'm a huge fan of the shade of purple I chose.
(It's OPI "Can you Dig It")

On Friday, my sister, Nicole had a birthday. We celebrated at a Thai restaurant and had an amazing dinner. We ordered so much food that there was enough for all of us to take home some leftovers. And then we split four different desserts. It was SOOO yummy.


Lots of people have been asking about how my brother is doing. I have to ask "which one?" because all three of them are recovering from surgery or injuries.

Lance is healing. He's in MUCH less pain. Here's a look at his staples from his surgery:

Brad is doing good. He can eat solid foods again now that his jaw has healed (scratch that, he says he still can't chew ... but he's recovering) after his surgery.

Ryan has some banged-up teeth, swollen and stitched-up lips and a big knot on his head. He's feeling better but we're still hoping that his very loose tooth will decide it wants to stick around.


Just another day in my family.

3 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Holy cow, Lance's arm looks aweful, sorry Lance, but it's true. I'm glad I'm not a Gill boy right now, hopefully it won't keep moving on to the girls. Hope everyone recovers fast.

Oh, and I'm so glad you had such a fun trip, and what AMAZING neighbors, can I move in?

Buxton Family said...

Thanks for coming. We had such a fun time. We were sad you had to go home. Lance's arm looks scary. (picture my face as I saw the picture.) I hope they all recover quickly. Happy Birthday Nicole! I love Thai food. Yummy yummy!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Did you know the Andrus family in Stone Oak between 2003-2004?

Anyway...
what the HECK with your bros. We must talk. Lance's arm looks horrible.

I'm glad you got a vacation, but now you gotta come back here!!!