Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Perfect Day

I love going to the lake. It makes me happy! And we had a great day on Saturday when my friends Andy and Chade invited the Buxtons, the Craguns, and me for a day of boating.
The kids had a great time riding on the tube. There was a lot of screaming and giggling.
The big kids had fun too!

Ami and Ava had the official duty of looking cute, and as you can see they did a great job.
And - I'm happy to report that in my advancing age and after not having done it in a couple years, I can still wakeboard. Yahoooo!! But I am paying the price today. My already bad back is hurting so bad I can barely move. I'm so old. One of my favorite moments was watching Rachel (who is 13) try wakeboarding for the first time. Despite her nervousness, she didn't give up. She tried several times until she could do it. She was AWESOME! All of the other kids were so excited for her and they were cheering and screaming (in very high-pitched manner) like they were at a Jonas Brothers concert. They even asked for her autograph afterward. In that moment, I think another boat-ophile was born. I don't have pictures of her on the wakeboard -- but there is video available. Hopefully, Jodie can post it on her blog. The Buxtons are moving in two weeks and we are trying to pack in all the fun we can before they leave. This was a great day that we'll all remember. For me there is just nothing better than a day at the lake with your best friends.
Perfect Bliss!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

if pushing a vacuum around your house hurt your back, what on earth did you think wakeboarding would do?

you are crazy. and quite possibly a masochist.

Tobi said...

You can always catch up on your rest and relaxation when you lay around and read Breaking Dawn next weekend. I'm just sure Edward is good for the soul and for a bad back.

The Dragonfly said...

Even though your back hurts, I'm jealous you got to go to the lake. We were supposed to go on Saturday as a family to a nearby lake and woke up to puking kids.

If you want to see a great black painted cabinet job, click on the hyperlink in my last post for the lettered cottage. That girl did an amazing transformation.

Filburt said...

It's awesome that you are staying active at your age! And you can still wakeboard, good for you.
Glad you had a blast, looks like fun