Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving '08


As they say, "There's no place like home for the holidays".
Unfortunately, I spend most of my holidays at work -- (See: 4th of July) -- and Thanksgiving is no different. Most of the producers have to work on Thanksgiving because we have every one of our newscasts that day. (The Friday after Thanksgiving, we only have a 6pm and a 10pm so most of us can have that day off. Another reason to LOVE FOOTBALL).
Anyway -- the bosses bought us a turkey lunch from Grady's-- Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Pumpkin Pie. (Thanks Dave! I mean "Kenny") It was delivered on Wednesday so I volunteered to heat everything and serve it to our crew of about 20 or so on Thursday. I meant to take a picture of us sitting down for our "family" dinner, but I forgot -- so that's why you have the picture of our tables without people at them. I bought some rolls from Luby's and some cranberry sauce to complete the meal. It was good but of course it wasn't NEARLY as good as my family Thanksgiving meal. I always make the fam PROMISE to save me a plate for dinner. (Several years ago, they forgot to save me rolls and mashed potatoes, but I'm working through that loss and I think I'm over it now.) I usually make it out to my family's Thanksgiving gathering just as everyone is saying their goodbyes. That's what I had planned to do again this year, but I had a really bad cold and by the time my workday was through --- I was too. (Sorry, Shawna!) I just wanted to go home and get in my pj's -- plus I didn't want to spread my germs to my relatives. (I had already exposed the co-workers as I prepared their meal for them. HA HA -- Just kidding. I washed my hands a ZILLION times and didn't breathe on anything. Just ask Mario who was hovering to make sure.)
Anyway, I went home and my mom and brothers delivered my leftovers to me! A HUGE plate of food and a HUGE plate of desserts. It was so delicious!!! I had enough food to last me for several meals. Well done, family!

This is the part where I should write about all of the things I'm thankful for. I won't bore you with a LONG list ... I'll just say I'm most thankful for my Family, Friends and my Faith. And even though I have to work on holidays, I am very thankful that I have a job!

2 comments:

Tobi said...

I'm sorry you had to work on Thanksgiving and I'm even sorrier that you were sick. Feel better soon.

Buxton Family said...

Did they save you a Rice Krispie treat this year??? :)