Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

My long-standing tradition has been to decorate my house on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm usually excited to get in the Christmas spirit and that's when I allow myself to start listening to Christmas music. I don't know what my deal was, but I just wasn't feeling it this year. I didn't get it done on Friday. Finally, on Saturday evening, I WILLED myself to do it. I knew that if I didn't get it done this weekend, then I might not have time to do it at all. (The worst part is dragging all of the stuff out!) Believe me, the thought crossed my mind of skipping the decorating all together this year -- but now that it's done, I'm so glad I did it. I love Christmas decorations!

Just when I had all the boxes strewn all over the living room -- I had a surprise visit from my friends, the Cragun family. They helped me set up the trees and decorate them. They brought some cookies to bake, and we listened to Christmas music and watched football. It made it SO much more fun than doing it alone.
(This cute little tree was decorated by the Cragun girls.)
They even convinced me to let them help with the outdoor lights even though it was completely dark outside. We got the yard decorations in place, now I just have to put the icicle lights on the roof and the garland around the door and the porch and I'll be completely finished.

I am blessed to have such good friends and I'm definitely feeling the spirit of Christmas now.

I hope your heart finds Christmas, too.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Since I didn't make it over to help, I did try to find my Christmas spirit by watching "Christmas Vacation" Saturday night and "Love Actually" on Sunday.

Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Maybe this is the year I give everyone lumps of coal...

Buxton Family said...

I nearly cried reading this post because we always help you decorate. I'm sad we couldn't do it again this year, but I'm glad the Cragun's were there to help. It should of been all of us. That would have been a very fun time. Your house looks great. We miss you tons.

The Dragonfly said...

I'm so jealous that your Christmas is up. Here it is, December 1st and instead of decorating I am doing laundry from our trip to Georgia. I want my Christmas up now. Yours looks great!

The Ortiz Family said...

I love how great your house looks. I am so glad you had company today and they helped you. We love you too.