Monday, November 3, 2008

Sock it to Me

This is how I went to work this morning and how I stayed all day long.

"Why only one sock?" --you may be asking. Well here's the deal. We've already established my issue with tardiness -- so of course I was frantically trying to get out the door this morning. My last stop was the dryer where I was going to fish out these socks. I searched and searched but could only come up with one. The other is still hiding somewhere amidst the t-shirts and workout shorts. I was running so late that there really wasn't an option to run upstairs and find another pair.

"So why wear the one sock -- why not just go barefoot?" -- you may be asking next. Well, here's the deal.
  1. These are my new shoes and I want to keep them nice.
  2. They're just more comfortable with the socks.
  3. Why should both feet have to suffer when there is one sock available?

Perfectly rational explanation, I think. And to be fair, I let my right foot wear the sock for the first half of the day, then I traded it to the left foot.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Perhaps this is one of my quirks, but I have right and left socks. I don't switch them. I don't like all the sock smushed on one side because it's straight at the top and gets all bunched up in your shoe.

I would have made one foot tough it out!

Morgan said...

Ha ha ha! When I saw the picture I thought that you would 'share' the sock! I love it. And it totally is a perfectly good explanation. I would have done the same thing!

Tobi said...

Clever. I would have done the exact same thing.

What color is your nail polish and where can I get me some?

Buxton Family said...

It is all about being fair you know! You crack me up.

Tobi said...

I love the new look of your blog! I love cutest blog on the block too.

The Ortiz Family said...

You are a complete crack up. One sock, OMG I would have dumped the other one. Why only let one foot really be uncomfortable they should be in it together. ha, ha.