Sunday, November 2, 2008

Girls Day Out

I promised my friend Ami's daughters I would take them to lunch and a movie for their birthdays - which were within a few weeks of each other. So Saturday, Kenley, Adi and I went to see High School Musical 3 and then had lunch at Firehouse Subs. Despite the grimace on Adi's face (I took the picture with my arm outstretched and we were looking right into the sun) we had a great time! They are such sweet girls!!

Afterward, I did a little retail damage and purchased some random things that I really don't need. I was sucked into the after-Halloween 50-percent off sales! Here are the items I ended up with:
I got everything displayed on this bookcase for about 55 bucks. I won't show you what else I bought (shirt, shoes, a purse or two) so as not to be subjected to further ridicule.

6 comments:

Buxton Family said...

Did you like the movie? You are such a good friend. I know the girls love you. Your cool finds are great. I love the green pumpkin. I was hoping to hit the sales also, but didn't make it there. I hope they have a few things left tomorrow.

The Dragonfly said...

Are you kidding! You needed EVERY SINGLE THING on that bookshelf! Heck, even I need that cake stand with the glass dome! Awesome finds JG!

Tobi said...

I need that cake plate with glass dome!! Where exactly did you get that?

Did you like HSM3?

Julie said...

Okay, I got the cake plate and dome at Home Goods (love that store.) It was only $16.99! But here's the deal ... the bottom of the glass has tiny, tiny little chips in it that concern me. You can't really see them, so it's not an aesthetic problem, but when you rub your finger over the edge -- teeny sparkles of glass come off on your finger. Glass in cakes -- not good. Can it be sealed or filed in some way?? I need advice from one of you antiquing pros.

Julie said...

And yes. I did like HSM 3. I thought it was the best one of the bunch. (Good thing, too since we actually have to pay to see this one.) I was glad Ami let me borrow her kids so I had an excuse to see it. :)

The Cragun Family said...

The girls had the best time with you! I do have one complaint....Kenley is now addicted to that Taylor Swift song- the one that Aubrey is addicted to. She said you told her how much Aubrey loves it and now here we are playing that dang song over and over again. The pain of listening to the song is something I will deal with because of the fun they had with you! Thanks again, you are the best!