Friday, April 18, 2008

Late-Night Lurking

Okay - in one week, blogspot has taken over my life. Thank goodness it's Friday because I am quite sleep-deprived. I have stayed up until midnight or 1:00am just about every night and for mostly blog-related reasons. It all started Monday night with my silly work-related Bachelor Blog. Then, as I was considering starting my personal blog, I had to catch up on my friends' blogs. And now ... I've become a lurker. I'm one of those people who follows the links on my friends' blogs to read my friends' friends' blogs and friends' friends' friends' blogs ... etc. I'm reading about people I don't even know and I am getting totally sucked into their lives. It's madness, I say. Last night I could barely see straight because I was so tired and I couldn't stop myself. I even neglected some of my TV watching. (gasp!) Don't worry, I watched Survivor and The Office.

Then, I had one of my crazy dreams again. My coworkers often wonder what kind of crack I smoke before going to bed because I have the most bizarre dreams. Anyway -- I had another one last night. I dreamt I was driving along with a baby in my lap (a la Britney Spears). The baby belonged to someone I knew in college and I was driving the baby to her home. But when I realized I was driving with an infant in my lap, I decided I better pull over and get a carseat. Well, I pulled into some strange arena-type show where a man was about to jump over a lake with a crocodile in it. I was ruining his show and the crowd was booing.

Somehow I had become trapped on an island in the middle of these crocodile-infested lakes and my only option was to drive my VW Bug into the lake and hope to save myself and the baby before we drowned or got eaten. So that's what I did -- and the last thing I remember is feeling nervous about having to call this baby's mom to say "Please come pick us up ... oh and I did some reckless things with your child tonight but the good news is .. we survived!"

Analyze that!

5 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I think I have an idea for a sub-blog where we disclose which blogs we are stalking and share the funny about them. There are some funny, interesting people out there! I say this because this is my favorite downtime activity.

Julie said...

Last night, I couldn't stop reading Paige's blog. That girl is hilarious!

Buxton Family said...

Very funny dream. Should I be worried about leaving the girls with you? I updated my blog finally! Check it out.

Hil said...

Just wanted to let you know that I followed my friend's friend's link and found your blog... :)
Hilarious! I'm outing myself... :)

Julie said...

Yea! My first official commenting lurker! I feel very excited about that. Welcome!! You can lurk and comment anytime. I'm going to go lurk on your blog sometime. :)