Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Devil's Food

The Devil came to my work on Friday and delivered a machine filled with the most delicious temptations. These are exactly the kinds of frozen concoctions that I get random cravings for in the middle of the workday. Thankfully, I'm chained to my desk and don't have time (and let's face it, I'm just too lazy) to drive to the convenience store to satiate my desires. BUT NOW ... the forbidden fruit will be readily available EVERY DAY in the break room.
How in the heck am I supposed to resist? The machine was delivered Friday morning and I considered having a fudge bar for breakfast but decided to show some self-control and wait to have one for an afternoon snack instead. The hours crept by. I made sure I had cash. I ate my lunch. Finally ... it was time for my first ice-cream machine purchase. And guess what greeted me in the break room:




THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was denied.
And as my luck would have it -- I am starting my diet Monday so I must resist for at least the next 6 weeks.
Remember me in your prayers.

4 comments:

Buxton Family said...

Call me when you are tempted and I will talk you down. I decided after last night's sugar fest to start again today with no sweets. Not even Juliet's famous cake tonight. We can do this together...again!

Julie said...

Really? No cake? Wow. Well, I'm in. I've got 6 weeks until my birthday, San Diego, and South Padre. I have to lose 50 pounds by then. That's about a pound a day. Think I can do it? Ha ha ha ha.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I'm with you too. Right after your birthday I have a family reunion where I'd like to be down at least 20 pounds. Can I do that in a little less than 2 months? I'm attempting to think somewhat realistically..... HA HA HA.

Julie said...

I gave in today. I had a cookies 'n cream ice cream sandwich. And I started Weight Watchers yesterday. I'm helpless. ha.