Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blessed

Merry Christmas!

I hope your family had a very Merry Christmas!! I have had a jolly holiday and I feel so overwhelmed with blessings. We spent Christmas Eve where we always do - at my Nanny and PaPa's house. We had a delicious Mexican food feast, and as tradition goes, we all ate way too much. This year, we added something new ... a musical performance! My friends, the Craguns, loaned me their set of pipe bells and a few of us performed "Jingle Bells" for the rest of the family. (They were so much fun, I really want my own set now.)
After dinner, we had our gift exchange. My cousin, Todd, had my name and I got an iTunes gift card (the best gift you can give, in my opinion) and a hat and mittens.

Christmas is always better with kids around!
My cousin, Shawna, and her cute little girl, Emily.
My nephew, Logan, and his new pair of boots.

Now that the cousins are all grown up and some have their own families, it's rare that everyone can make it on Christmas Eve, but for the first time in many years, we were all there and it made it a really special night.

On Christmas Morning, I went to my mom's house with two of my brothers, Ryan and Brad. My mom decorates her house so cute for Christmas and she still hangs all of our stockings from when we were kids.
Ryan received some new clothes ...
... and Rock Band 2!!
My brother, Brad, and his dog, KC:
(Brad's the one in the hat)

On Christmas night, my mom, Ryan, Jon, Nicole and I went to see "Bedtime Stories".
It was a wonderful day!

December has gone by in a flash for me. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to get done and I didn't have the money to buy as many gifts as I would have liked -- but I still think this was one of my favorite Christmases in recent memory. In addition to what I've shared so far, I had a couple other big blessings this year. First - I was given the responsibility of organizing our ward's "Giving Tree" project. Members of the congregation purchased presents for 13 families and I gathered the gifts and got everything ready to be delivered. It was amazing to witness so much generosity, especially during these hard economic times.
The other big blessing is more personal. On Christmas Eve, some anonymous angels gave a very special present to my family. We walked outside to find it right on the front porch. We were all in shock and my mom cried tears of happiness. We feel so blessed to whoever gave us such a generous gift. You have made this Christmas one that we will always remember and we feel so blessed to have friends like you. I hope you receive many, many blessings for your kindness. It truly was a Christmas miracle.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I bet that was fun, organizing the "giving tree."
There are lots of movies that look good out. The hard part is picking which one. That and figuring out whether to ditch the family and go on my own, make my mom babysit either the niece or the niece and nephew to go with a sibling, or just watch one of the several DVDs I have that I've never actually viewed.
What is that, like a dishwasher? There are really good people in the world. Thank goodness for that.

Tobi said...

I'm so glad that your Christmas was filled with happiness and family. I hope you continue on to have a fun filled New Year!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you and your family had a lovely holiday! You deserve it! :)

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I'm so glad about everything.

You guys are the best.

This Christmas sealed the deal for me after seeing and hearing a few other things. From now on the kids will get one present from Santa and one from mom and dad. All other energies and money will be spent on another family. It's how my family did it growing up and I'm sorry we haven't started it yet - but it's high time.

Merry Christmas

Buxton Family said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! We miss your family tons. Have you played Rock Band 2 with Ryan yet?

The Ortiz Family said...

What a wonderful Christmas you had, I hope your family can come to our house for New Years. It will be a ton of fun.