Thursday, September 11, 2008

Storm Supplies and Soft Soles

OH yeah, we're tracking Ike. The good news for us (sorry Houston!) is that it seems to be tracking more to the North which would put it mostly to the East of us. Now, these things can change -- so of course we're all still on alert.

Last night, when the hurricane was still aiming straight for us, I decided it might be a good idea to stock up on a few supplies for the house (like food). I bought some bread and peanut butter. I figure I can live on PB & honey sandwiches for a few days if I needed to. Unfortunately the store shelves were completely void of bottled water and flashlights. So I decided to buy another must-have for the 72-hour kit ... the Pedegg.
(Oh, come on! You know you've wanted one.)
Sometimes when we're faced with a crisis we have to prioritize our values. And during this time of emergency preparedness I decided I REALLY needed soft feet. I took it for a test run last night and I think I'm going to like it. I must admit that the collection of powdered calluses is quite nasty. But my feet are significantly softer and smoother than before.

So if/when Ike comes howling ... I may be sitting in the dark feeling quite parched ... but at least I'll have soft feet.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I'll sell you some of my water. I was overcharged for it and I have plenty.

Tobi said...

Maybe Ike will skip over your house because your exceptionally soft feet.

The Dragonfly said...

Wondered if that thing works. Thanks for the test run . . . now I can buy one for my momma for Christmas.

Buxton Family said...

I loved mine the first few times I used it, but it became dull so quickly. I'm not sure if it is worth it to order more blades if they are only going to last for a few uses. Let me know if you have a similar experience or if my feet are just super hard on the egg.

Barlow Fam said...

Oops! Sorry. : ) Yes, glad we got lucky and Ike headed east. Sorry about your Nano, if it makes you feel any better, I don't have either one! I do have the pedi egg, I love it too!