Saturday, September 20, 2008

Necklace Solution

Faithful readers will recall that I've blogged before about my necklace issues before.The string of beads pictured above is a lost cause of entanglement but I have long searched for a solution to my overall jewelry situation. I have several jewelry boxes and I've tried various hanging methods. A few years ago I got this big jewelry case for Christmas. It's okay but the doors on the sides aren't long enough to hang a lot of my necklaces so the doors had to stay open PLUS I have way more necklaces than pegs.
Old Jewelry Case:
Recently, I just started laying my jewelry on top of my tv armoir because it was easier.
But then ...
Ta da!!GENIUS!

I can't take full credit for this. My friend, Ami, who makes very cute jewelry uses the small hand towel holders to hang her necklaces and bracelets. I went to Home Goods to buy one and they were out. So I saw this full-size towel hanger. (To give you perspective it's about three feet tall) I am impatient so I decided to buy the big one instead of waiting for the smaller ones to get in stock -- and I love it! I finally have enough hanging space for all my necklaces. I thought I'd share in case some of you were having similar jewelry hang-ups (or lack of hang-up places for your jewelry). The towel racks are the perfect solution! The necklaces don't get tangled with each other and now my earrings have the jewelry boxes all to themselves.

5 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Ohh Ahh... I love it! I was just complaining to Mike about the same thing. I'll have to copy cat you!

Tobi said...

Brilliant!! Now I just need to buy 25 more necklaces so I can justify buying the towel stand. Yeah, yeah. That's the ticket!

The Dragonfly said...

That really is genius! But where do you put it? In the bathroom, in a closet or just sitting out for all to see? I think my daughter would attack my jewelry if I left it out. And by the way - you have really great jewelry.

Buxton Family said...

Amazing! I'll have to check out Home Goods next time I go there.

Nicole said...

I had NO IDEA you had so many necklaces!